Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tubes and Adenoids

Jack is having tubes put in and his adenoids removed on June 23rd instead of in September. I have some mommy guilt only because I had no clue that his ears were THAT bad to move the surgery up by three months. The tests showed some ear damage and significant hearing loss. So eventually he will need speech therapy. I had no idea he was in such pain, I mean.. yea, he hasn't slept in weeks, but he doesn't make his dinosaur screams like he did with his legs 6 months ago. Jack has a really high tolerance for pain. (He growls a little bit when getting his shots, but doesn't cry.) In any case, here is to less ear infections, lots of ice cream, and a full night's sleep in two weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I meant to write you back about this when you first told me, but I forgot. Poor thing. At least they are getting it taken care of. And weeks without sleep? That stinks. I had my adenoids out when I was 5 along with my tonsils. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, I hear all the time about kids who have double ear infections and the moms never know!